A crown is a dental restoration that covers the entire visible surface of an affected tooth. If a tooth is damaged but not lost, a crown can be used to restore its shape, appearance and function.
A tooth that has been fixed with a crown looks and works very much like a natural tooth. Although there are several types of crowns, porcelain are the most popular because they best resemble your natural teeth to provide a beautiful long-lasting smile.
Scott may recommend a crown for the following reasons:
- To repair broken or fractured teeth.
- For cosmetic enhancement.
- To restore decayed teeth.
- To repair fractured fillings.
- To strengthen tooth after a root canal.